At the end of 2016 during the annual Health Care Supply Association (HCSA) conference, attendees participated in a Cook Medical workshop where they provided feedback on ways we can work together and support each other to achieve procurement objectives.
What the attendees told us is that some of the best ways procurement professionals and suppliers can work together include:
- Supply chain improvement, which focuses on projects such as GS1 and continuous improvement.
- Transparency, which centres on understanding pricing strategy and visibility.
- Supplier relationship management, which examines how suppliers can best work with procurement through shared strategy and improved communication.
- Product, which includes innovation, clinical engagement, and rationalisation.
- Contracting, which focuses on understanding the existing contracts and improving processes.
We would be happy to work with any customers who are interested in working together to lower the cost of doing business, ultimately reducing the cost of healthcare.